By Kristin, Director of Magic at Celebration Shirts
When I’m visiting Disney World, there’s nothing as magical as walking down Main Street and seeing Cinderella’s castle for the first time; in that moment the real world melts away and I feel completely immersed in the Disney Bubble. Below, I’ve listed some of my favorite fun facts about Cinderella’s Castle.
1. It took 18 months to construct Cinderella Castle, which opened in July of 1971. Measured from the floor of the moat surrounding the structure, it is 100 feet taller than Sleeping Beauty Castle in Disneyland.
2. An intricately designed drawbridge leads guests from Main Street, USA through the castle into fantasyland. However, unlike the drawbridge on Sleeping Beauty Castle in Disneyland, the drawbridge of Cinderella’s Castle cannot be raised.
3. The inside of the castle is lined with ornate murals depicting the story of Cinderella. It took twenty-two months for artists to delicately place together over 300,000 pieces of glass in various colors to complete the five mural panels. It is a beautiful sight to see and a nice, shady pit-stop in between rides.
4. Inside the castle you can find Bibbidi, Bobbidi Boutique – a salon for young princesses and pirates to dress the part of their favorite characters. Cinderella’s Royal Table can also be found inside the castle – allowing dreamers of all ages to dine with the most beloved princesses.
5. The most sought after part of the castle is the coveted Dream Suite. It is only available to contest winners and very special guests. The suite, which comfortably sleeps six, has beautiful stained-glass windows, mosaic art murals, and magnificent furniture and bedding fit for royalty.
These are just a few of the hundreds of wonderful things about Cinderella’s Castle. Next time you’re in the Magic Kingdom, take some time to talk to a cast member about the beautiful structure and its history. Find a Photopass cast member and ask them to take your family’s pictures in your matching, custom Celebration Shirts. Of course, the most ideal shirt design is Castle Celebration – you’ll have magical memories to last a lifetime!